Arizona State University: Web Content Editor at Arizona State University (Phoenix, AZ) (Phoenix, AZ)
Posted: Feb 9, 2019
Web Content Editor
Arizona State University
College Of Law
Campus: Downtown Phoenix
The Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law at Arizona State University seeks a team-oriented individual to join its strategic marketing and communications team as a Web Content Editor. The successful candidate will work independently and collaboratively as the web content editor of the colleges website (law.asu.edu), microsites, and WordPress sites. Ideal candidates are resourceful and ambitious with an eager-to-learn attitude. This role reports directly to ASU Laws Executive Director of Marketing and Communications and will support marketing campaigns for the law school and the Academy for Justice center.
ASU Law has been awarded $6.5 million grant to establish a center in the pursuit of scholarly research examining the criminal justice system and informing various audiences seeking reforms. The center will research broad topics within criminal justice reform and will be divided into working groups, which will collect and analyze available information and current research, and then formulate recommended solutions. Potential topics include mental health, drug prohibition, policing, pre-trial and trial decision-making, sentencing and corrections.
$40,320 - $50,000 per year; DOE
- Develops, deploys and maintains web content, forms, menus, tools and widgets, and dynamic areas within website in order to create a personalized and engaging user experience.
- Ensures compliance with established ASU and law school web standards and brand guidelines.
- Ensures cross-browser, cross-platform, and/or cross-device compatibility.
- Works closely with IT to understand any requirements, integration, and/or security needs for public-facing and private portals/microsites.
- Makes consultative recommendations for continued enhancements to web layout, content, and informational areas; prepares site maps, site audits, and tests functionality of new enhancements to ensure marketing objectives are achieved.
- Participates in a wide variety of digital marketing activities designed to optimize the end-user experience on the web (i.e. search engine optimization, RSS news feeds, social media feeds, event feeds, interactive graphics, streaming media, video, etc.)
- Creates WordPress site templates and provides technical support to internal stakeholders who maintain these sites; plays a bigger role in the maintenance of college-level external WordPress sites.
- Identifies and troubleshoots errors and/or problems with web based content and applications; utilizes university technology resources and works collaboratively with involved stakeholders to facilitate timely resolutions.
- Remains abreast of technology directions, initiatives and trends within scope of expertise to provide ideas, guidance and recommendations.
- Physical presence at the workplace is an essential function or requirement of this job.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the goals of the department and college.
Associate's degree in Information Technology, Business, Communications or closely related field AND one (1) year web design, HTML, CSS experience; certification from recognized program(s) indicating mastery of tools and techniques relevant to assignment may substitute for up to 6 months experience, OR, any equivalent combination of experience, and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience supporting the research and analysis of website trends and traffic utilizing Google Analytics Premium.
- Experience managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience as a strong collaborator, communicator, and team player.
- Demonstrated relentless focus on the customer experience and superior customer service skills.
- Experienced as resourceful, self-starter that takes initiative and responsibility on all projects from start to finish
- Experienced as a strategic and creative thinker who incorporates data when making recommendations.
- Experience in using organization and problem-solving skills.
- Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, standing, walking.
- Use office equipment including a desktop computer.
- Lift up to 20 pounds.
- Clearly communicate to perform essential duties.
The Sandra Day OConnor College of Law at Arizona State University is one of the countrys preeminent law schools. Ranked No. 27 nationally by U.S. News & World Report, ASU Law is a leading provider of comprehensive and personalized legal education. The law school ranks Top 20 in the nation for job placement and No. 1 in the state for student outcomes. Located in a new, state-of-the-art building in downtown Phoenix, ASU Law is steps away from the legal, political, and economic heart of Arizona. For more information, visit law.asu.edu.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
Arizona State University is committed to providing safety and security resources and information for our students, faculty, staff, and visitors. In accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), ASU publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, which includes safety and security policies and procedures, crime and fire prevention information, crime and fire statistics, and numerous resources for current and prospective students and employees. To access the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report online, visit https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. A hard copy of this report may be obtained, free of charge, by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456 or by visiting the ASU Police Department at 325 E. Apache Blvd., Tempe, Arizona, during business hours (M-F, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ click "External Applicant" under Jobs at ASU, enter Req Id# 48804BR