Henry's: Web Designer (6 month Contract) (Toronto)
Posted: Oct 12, 2017
WHO WE ARE
Henry’s is a great place to work. The loyalty of our employees and their passion for photography and customer service sets us apart from the competition. Henry’s employs principled, dedicated and passionate people who work hard at what they do. Our success is based as much on our creative and talented teams as the selection of products, competitive prices, and industry leading services we offer.
As a member of our web team you will be required to create and maintain website content, email campaigns and other digital assets in accordance with our style and development guidelines. We are looking for a self-motivated individual who thrives in a high-paced, deadline-driven environment. The ideal candidate should have a solid understanding of design principles and front-end development.
35% Product Launches
- Modify graphics/images to use within email templates.
- Ability to build and modify, new and existing email templates.
- Strong graphic editing skills (for digital graphics).
- Strong HTML skills required.
- Experience with third-party Email Service Providers.
35% Digital Properties Operations
- Investigate and report any operational/technical issues .
- Experience with cross-platform integrations between website and other digital channels (social, etc).
20% Static Page Updates
- Update content managed areas (copy & artwork).
10% Interoperability Testing
- Test web application for cross browser and device compatibility.
- Log/track defects with continual testing of fixes.
- Experience with Google Analytics.
- Experience with project management.
- Ability to edit photos and create graphics with Photoshop.
- Possesses clear and precise written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented with strong technical and organizational skills.
- Able to work independently and with others with excellent organizational and time management skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Content Management System (CMS).
Any submissions should be accompanied by a link to an online portfolio.
Please note that applicants may be required to complete some skills assessment when applying for this position.