Web Designer and Digital Marketer
Posted: Apr 6, 2021
WHO WE ARE
When was the last time you not only loved the work you did, but saw how it positively impacted the lives of others? HomeWell Franchising Inc. is the franchisor for HomeWell Care Services®, which provides personal care, companionship, and home maker services for seniors and other homebound individuals so they can remain safely in the comfort of wherever they call home. At HomeWell, we take great pride in the trusted care and true compassion our agencies deliver to our clients. We are committed to helping people live life more fully and independently. We are also commited to the success of our franchise owners and our growing national footprint. Our strong mission and emerging brand presence has HomeWell on a trajectory to make a meaningful impact on the home care industry. We are an organization of highly dedicated, passionate, and nimble professionals who enjoy what we do and who we do it with.
The Digital Marketing & Web Designer reports to the VP of Marketing and is responsible for the design, development and performance of HomeWell's multiple website properties. They must be well-versed in hands-on WordPress site development and management with a firm grasp of digital marketing know-how across all channels. This person will be responsible for managing and implementing all web content and digital initiatives to support HomeWell's goals of driving client acquisition and generating leads for franchise development. In addition, this person will work closely with HomeWell's in-house team and digital agencies to ensure strong synergies between media plans and optimize across the different channels to drive day-to-day and long-term performance (Social, Display, Video, Mobile, SEM, SEO, Content, DKM, and Custom Digital Media).
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Skilled: We need someone with keen B2B and B2C digital marketing sensibilities coupled with proven hands-on WordPress skills. Must be detailed and passionate about writing clean code, solid site design, and digging into analytics to make data-driven decisions. They must also possess strong communication skills to pragmatically share solutions with a variety of stakeholders.
Team Oriented: Our team is small but mighty, so we need someone with an entrepreneurial spirit and big picture mindset who can create new strategies, analyze data, and help us grow for the long term. Must be able to work well within the team to create quality website experiences, as well as ask the right questions to quickly establish specifications from a mix of technical and non-technical people.
Proactive & Efficient: We're seeking a highly organized individual who is happy getting their hands dirty to figure out what needs to be done and then getting it done. Someone who gets excited by new challenges and growth opportunities and is also self-motived to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a remote setting.
Well-Rounded: Solid design and development skills are key, but this candidate also needs to understand the digital marketing and franchise business world to help drive the performance and success of our digital efforts.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
As the Digital Marketing & Web Designer, you will be responsible for leading content strategy, content management, and day-to-day updates and execution of HomeWell's digital properties in alignment with our organizational goals including:
- Own the functionality and performance of multiple branded websites across all development stages.
- Ensure websites are lead generators, drive organic traffic, clearly deliver our brand image, integrate with marketing campaigns, and deliver a superior user experience.
- Understand digital creative process from design to delivery across multiple teams (strategy, information architecture, analytics, UX, design, content, SEO, development, QA, localization).
- Ability to proactively identify site needs, improve stability, and enhance performance including plugin selection, theme enhancements, site speed, cart functionality, general code health, and maintenance.
- Develop and execute a roadmap for ongoing website improvements by keeping up to date with industry best practices, monitoring competitor sites, analyzing user experience, and aligning with our business strategies.
- Create and implement content management process, outlining requirements and steps from creative concept to production.
- Understand past and current performance of the website and options/limitations within our CMS to make informed recommendations on best practices.
- Develop a robust SEO strategy that includes keyword research, local SEO, and on-page optimization to identify gaps in current content and increase customer engagement and drive traffic to the HomeWell websites.
- Conduct routine content audits to ensure the communication across our digital properties is consistent and cohesive with the brand direction, and accurately depicts current product offerings.
- Regularly monitor Google Analytics to uncover key insights to inform future digital strategies.
- Assesses, prepare and disseminate web analytic reports to site owners and provide top-line reporting on site performance.
- Provide and direct the digital onboarding of new franchise angencies and their online presence (website, social media, etc.
- Partner closely with Franchise Services Team to ensure that digital campaigns are aligning to, and integrated appropriately with, brand programs and partnership activation.
- Proactively develop external partnerships and support contract negotiations with external partners and/or vendors to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of the digital marketing investments.
- Collaboration with internal and external partners, including teammates, franchisees, agencies, and subject matter experts to develop an understanding of both current and new initiatives across the organization.
- Intake and prioritization of business requests for new or revised web content. Work directly with internal and external teams for updates, changes and enhancements.
- Must be able to proactively make recommendations, communicate status, identify risks, and thoughtfully and co-operatively negotiate with partners and stakeholders on deadlines, scope of work, and articulate tradeoffs.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems logically and systematically.
- Available outside of normal business hours if site issues occur, which may include but are not limited to crashes, malfunctions and downtime.
- Solid prioritization skills and the ability and willingness to balance several ongoing projects and simultaneous management of multiple websites on schedule and within budget.
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop, build and deploy e-mail marketing campaigns. Report on essential KPIs for email campaigns as it relates to other channels and associated initiatives.
- Assist with other projects as assigned.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- 5-7 years of digital marketing experience.
- 5 + years of full-stack Wordpress web development experience.
- Ability to ensure all HTML passes W3 validation tests and meets Google Quality Guidelines.
- Experience in the wireframing and the development of themes, child themes and functionality of Wordpress multisite networks.
- Ability to leverage the Wordpress ecosystem and familiarity with Gutenberg, open source and commercial plugins and their management.
- Experience in SEO management, reputation management, and managing paid media activities across multiple platforms and channels.
- Understanding of SEO and how its impacted by development.
- Experience with developing, deploying and analyzing email marketing campaigns.
- Experienced in measuring campaign and website performance and identifying trends and opportunities for optimizations.
- Experience in both B2B and B2C marketing, brand building, and generating brand awareness.
- Exceptional communication skills?verbal, written, and interpersonal.
- Must be a self-starter, able to meet and set deadlines, take direction well, and keep manager and team appraised as required.
- Familiarity with a mobile first, responsive approach to design coupled with optimizing landing pages and user funnels.
- Strong Google Analytics, conversion tracking and reporting skills.
- Ability to work with remote teams.
- Educational Background: Bachelor's degree in Design, Marketing, Business or other applicable areas of study.
- Experience working at a media agency or managing agency relationships.
- Experience with a franchise business structure or working with franchise owners.
- Familiar with coding and managing multi-language sites.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Familiarity with Sprout, Yext, Yoast, FaceBook Business Manager and Data Studio Reporting.
- Direct experience in setting up and optimizing Google Adword campaigns and LinkedIn campaigns.
- While the position is remote, East Coast or Central time zones are preferred.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
Candidates must provide a resume with cover letter. Your cover letter must either include a link to your portfolio, or separate links that showcase outstanding WordPress websites you have designed and built.