ACS Web Design & SEO: Web Designer / Front-End Developer at ACS Web Design & SEO (Liverpool, NY) (Liverpool, NY)
Posted: Oct 19, 2020
The Web Designer / Front-End Developer will combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include the creation of web design layouts and the translation of the UI/UX design wireframes and mockups to actual code that will produce visual elements of websites and applications. The Front-End Web Developer will bridge the gap between graphic design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the website/application looks as well as how it works.
The Web Designer / Front-End Developer will work to balance marketing goals, client requests, performance considerations, and usability into their finished products.
The ideal candidate can become the guiding force in design within our project team. This requires a design eye and communication skills to ensure quality assurance across all client deliverables and working with the staff to ensure a high standard of design output across all departments.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: (Additional duties may be assigned)
- Rationalize solutions with the project team and clients
- Proactively work with customers to create website designs and/or enhancements and modifications based on the client’s goals and objectives, ensuring consistency of image, speed, and ease of access and site navigation.
- Ensure that all design elements, templates, and finished solutions work within a variety of browser types and screen settings along with the constraints set by development and design (responsive web design).
- Analyze customer’s target market and audience to discover ideas for designing their website. Assess new standards, technologies, and trends, and formulate strategies and plans for future enhancement of websites.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all software used for plan maintenance and keep abreast of current and emerging web technologies and products through continuing education, reading, and practice.
- Develop a high level of technical expertise including, but not limited to, new coding techniques and front-end development practices.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualification Standards:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three to five years of progressive, hands-on experience in website development.
- Up-to-date portfolio demonstrating mastery, creativity, and diversity
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have knowledge and experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Strong ability in responsive web design and proper front-end development practices
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple projects and details simultaneously
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to evaluate new and evolving website technologies
Preferred Candidate Skills:
- Knowledge in source code management tools, such as Git
- Ability to structure code to make maintenance easier in the future
- Knowledge of Microsoft technologies including, but not limited to, Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, and ASP.NET (Core) MVC Razor templating
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
- The company reserves the right to add to or revise an employee's job duties at any time at its sole discretion.
- This listing does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.