Threat Stack: Web Developer at Threat Stack (Boston, MA) (Boston, MA)
Posted: Apr 16, 2019
Threat Stack enables DevOps and SecOps teams to innovate and scale security by providing full-stack security observability from the control plane up to the application layer. Purpose-built for today’s infrastructure, the Threat Stack Cloud Security Platform® and Cloud SecOps Program℠ combine cloud-optimized intrusion defense, continuous security monitoring, and proactive risk assessment to help security and operations teams detect security incidents, achieve compliance, and secure infrastructure in transition.
The Web Developer will lead the organization in building the visual and strategic brand, conveying the story of who we are, what we do, and why we are different across the Threat Stack website and web-related materials. The Web Developer will be passionate about creating a compelling website experience, that optimizes engagement and conversion through the buyers’ journey.
What You’ll Do:
- Update and maintain existing company website, including content, visual enhancements, landing page creation, and performance tracking and optimization
- Develop graphics and code to support and evolve website and brand identity
- Regularly test and troubleshoot; identify and resolve website experience challenges, server/hosting and responsive code issues
- Provide strategies for website optimization to drive audience engagement and conversion
- Monitor and report on website metrics to demonstrate performance
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years professional experience in web design and development
- Solid understanding of web best practices, information design and usability
- Experience working with content management systems (CMSs), specifically WordPress
- Familiarity with Uberflip and Marketo, a plus
- Ability to rapidly prototype and generate visual assets (images, animations, etc)
- Knowledge of user interaction testing and methodologies to improve design based on quantitative feedback
- Development expertise with custom post types, advanced custom fields, plugins, theme development, widgets, and database structure knowledge
- Confident in SEO/SEM and Display Ad tactics
- Understanding of website conversion strategies and ability to demonstrate website performance metrics to executive teams
- Interactive web design and Integration of dynamic content (i.e. video, surveys, animation)
- Creativity and strong conceptual problem solving
- Ability to articulate design themes and concepts clearly and concisely
- Ability to execute on tight deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously— while maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Ability to grasp technical concepts and develop visual representation of concepts, functionality, benefits.
- Positive, self-starter excited to play an important role within the team and company