Doist: Web Developer (Anywhere)
Posted: Mar 21, 2019
At Doist, our mission is to inspire the workplace of the future by creating simple yet powerful productivity tools that promote a more fulfilling way to work and live.
We're a multidisciplinary, fully remote team that’s passionate about creating products, like Todoist and Twist, that improve people’s lives. We thrive on innovating new solutions to old productivity challenges and we seek to rethink how productivity tools are made.
When you become a Doister, you’re not only joining a global, remote-first company, but a team of 60+ people who value:
- Feeling empowered to achieve their ambitions
- Inclusivity, open-mindedness, and diversity
- The wellbeing of their teammates and the people around them
- Making long-term, high-impact decisions, even if they’re harder
We invite you to visit our blog to learn more about us, our values, and how we work.
As a web developer at Doist, you’ll be the technical lead on some of the company’s key projects, working closely with the marketing, design, front-end and back-end development teams every step of the way – from strategy, planning, and design to implementation, testing, and optimization.
This role is for a self-starter who’s excited to build and maintain internal projects from end to end, optimize existing channels and explore new possibilities for engaging and growing our different communities.
- You have 3+ years of experience in web development.
- You have a solid foundation of front-end development fundamentals (HTML5/CSS3/ES6) and enjoy turning design specs into pixel perfect UIs.
- You’re proficient in responsive design, smooth web animations, and email development.
- You have experience working with back-end stacks and database systems. You’re comfortable building simple web services from scratch.
- You have experience with analytics and A/B testing tools and workflows. You’re able to analyze data as part of your process to inform further optimization.
- You sweat the details, but also know when to move on. You have a knack for developing reusable processes and frameworks that shorten implementation time and ensure quality.
- You don’t wait around for someone to tell you what to do, and you wouldn’t want to anyway. You have ideas for how to improve and expand efforts and are proactive enough to see those ideas through to implementation.
- Bonus points if you have technical SEO experience.
We’re bootstrapped, profitable, and committed to building a sustainable company that will grow for decades to come. We’ve built a benefits package that invests in our employee’s long-term personal and professional growth and well-being. Here’s a sample of what that includes:
- Work-Life balance. That means 8 hours of work, 5 days each week (for a total of 40 hours) because the time you spend outside of work is just as important as the time you spend working.
- Flexible schedule and location. This is a fully remote position, so you can work from wherever you please and on a schedule that works best for you. All you need is a computer and access to a stable internet connection (which we sponsor!).
- Generous paid vacation. 40 days of paid time off to use however you like (vacation, national holidays, etc.).
- Paid parental leave. 18 weeks of paid maternity leave and 5 weeks of paid paternity/adoption leave.
- Education stipend. You’ll have a monthly budget to buy books, courses, and other resources you need to continue learning and developing.
- Competitive compensation.
- And much more!