Web Project Manager
Posted: Apr 4, 2021
Ruby Slipper Designs is an Oregon-based marketing and branding agency. We are all about people, purpose, and the greater good.
We enthusiastically serve non-profits and mission-driven businesses to deliver engaging and impactful experiences. Our agency specializes in web design and development, branding and design, and a bevy of web marketing services.
We're looking for an experienced Web Project Manager who seeks to use their knowledge in our blossoming company. This senior-level role will help usher client web projects from inception to completion, and into the realm of maintenance.
Job Type: Part-time, contract, Monday through Friday, up to 6 hours/day. Ideally, you will be available Monday through Friday in both the morning and afternoon.
Rate: Depending on experience
Experience: 8+ years online experience and 2-4 years track record of managing a web team preferred
Location: Although this position is virtual, the majority of our staff and clients are located in Oregon therefore West Coast residency is preferred.
Our ideal candidate:
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive brainstormer
- A collaborative team player
- Highly organized
- Willing to take initiative
- Great traffic-controller ? can handle rapid fire communications and multi-tasking
- Will each web project efficiently and with a keen attention to detail
- Will have a background in code, design, content, or other web discipline ? equipped with the basic language of online
- Speaks English fluently
- Use of Teamwork project management software (or similar)
- Knowledge of WordPress and Divi Themes
- Versed in Gravity Forms, MailChimp, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, HTML, CSS, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Word, Google Drive, Dropbox
- Expert knowledge in web operations, including publishing, analytics, technical monitoring, etc
- Demonstrated competency in online development, including strategic planning, design, content management, implementation
- Aware of emerging developments in standards, devices, mobile, and social media
Communicate with Team
Communicate daily with the team to assign tasks, provide support materials, and clarify questions. Once tasks are complete, double check all work. Review team member project load and request we hire more help when needed.
Communicate with Clients
Attend weekly (virtual) client meetings. At meetings, review the project status and upcoming work. Take notes of next steps and assign tasks to team members accordingly. Brainstorm ideas and troubleshoot any issues that arise. Pay attention to new scope ideas and write addendums as necessary or apply towards retainer work. Update clients daily via email about progress.
Work with our President and Operating Officer to create proposals outlining the entire scope of a website project.
Track Budgets and Time
Track each project budget. Monitor time spent towards website project work vs. website retainer work. Track progress and adjust deadlines accordingly.
Implement and Test
Implement website changes and updates requested by the client as needed. Test and troubleshoot websites on a variety of devices and operating systems. Troubleshoot issues when they arise. Perform routine website maintenance.