Cadence Group: Web Software Developer (Hyattsville, MD)
Posted: Mar 24, 2017
The Web Software Developer shall assist in the design, development, and implementation of systems to disseminate and promote collaboration, information exchange, and the use of public health data and information products through the Internet. Dissemination vehicles include website services, mobile apps, and data visualization platforms.
The Web Software Developer will:
- Develop, test, and update HTML pages on the client’s internet and intranet sites.
- Enhance and update electronic documents such as PDFs to conform to standards outlined in the client’s Style Guides (includes creation of bookmarks, articles, links, setting document properties, etc.)
- Maintain quality control of web pages, PDFs, and PPTs to ensure that dissemination governance and Section 508 accessibility guidelines are met.
- Remediate PDF files to conform with client standards for Section 508 accessibility through the use of CommonLook by NetCentric and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Develop mobile applications utilizing the client’s framework. Test and evaluate for functionality, ease of use, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Integrate web applications and databases with client’s internet and intranet sites.
- Prepare an external document that describes the purpose of each program; outlines the major programming steps taken (including edits); lists the produced results; and notes the formats of the final files.
- Deliver any program-code used to produce results as specified. The program-code shall contain comments internal to the code structures that make the logic of the program-code clear to anyone with basic programming knowledge.
- U.S. Citizenship is mandatory. (Please do not apply if you are not a citizen of the U.S.)
- Experience working with a federal agency is mandatory.
- Knowledge of accessibility principles and guidelines such as Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 is mandatory.
- Must have minimum of 4 years of college level education with a focus in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, and 2 years of work experience in developing web pages and web-based products
- Proficient in Objective C, C, C++, C#, Java
- Proficient in using Creative Suite, Adobe Acrobat, CommonLook, Dreamweaver, and Microsoft professional suite
- Proficient in use of Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience with cloud-based development of visual analytics systems
- Experience in agile or iterative development methodologies
- Skill in oral communication techniques to participate on teams and work groups
- Knowledge of foreign languages such as Spanish is a plus.
- Experience with internet technologies and Web Content Management Systems such as Drupal, Percussion, and Wordpress is desired.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and desired salary to Lisa Lansche: