Evolutyz: Web / UI Developer at Evolutyz (Ann Arbor, MI) (Ann Arbor, MI)
Posted: Jul 10, 2019
Job Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Duration: 12+ Months with possible extensions
Additionally you will work with a delivery manager who will organize sprints and tasks for you to accomplish while taking technical direction from the eCommerce managers. Finally you will provide ongoing Unit tests to ensure that the code that is written works well and serves its intended purpose. You will also have the freedom to choose which technologies/tools you feel would be best for any given projects.
- Collaborate with marketing, agency and in-house developers, business analysts, and technical project team on web development tasks
- Researches and develops new web and mobile technology applications to improve user interface.
- Suggest new technologies and approaches, often demonstrating and championing their use
- Has the ability to rapidly prototype new ideas, concepts, and designs Key Skills
Experience with responsive design and internationalization are highly preferred.
(30%) e-Commerce Web Architecture
- Understand our eCommerce functionality and business requirements
- Collaborate with marketing, agency and in-house developers, requirements analysts, and technical project team on all areas of UI Engineering • Apply user interface design skills when implementing features
(60%) Web Development
- Write, modify, and debug e-Commerce web user interfaces
- Generate tests for User Interfaces • Rapidly prototype new ideas & concepts
- Transition developed applications and systems into testing and production phases
- Estimate the duration of design & development tasks on an on-going basis
- Support production of all applications developed
(10%) Self-Directed Innovation
- Self-directed research & development of new web and mobile technology applications to improve the customer e-Commerce experience
- Suggests new technologies and approaches, often demonstrating and championing their use.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience building cross-browser, performance-conscious, responsive websites
- Client side single-page application development experience with modern frameworks like React, Backbone, or similar
- Experience with front-end build tooling
- Understanding of mobile first and responsive web design
- Excellent team player with good communication skills with both non-technical & technical co-workers
- Highly motivated and driven by a desire to solve difficult problems, and learn new technology