Website Coordinator (Web & Email Designer)
Posted: Sep 14, 2022
NYSUT is seeking an experienced all-around digital problem-solver to serve as a core member of our digital and editorial communications teams. As the Digital Communications Specialist, you will work closely with other members of NYSUT's digital communications and IT teams to design and develop email marketing programs, websites, digital advertising campaigns and other digital communications deliverables. You will also assist with developing and deploying new digital communications tools across the organization. This job will focus on the design and upkeep of NYSUT's core website properties and email programs and will also require familiarity with other digital communications channels.
- Design and develop mass email marketing programs, including the ability to graphicly design and optimize modern email templates and produce email communications strategies and plans
- Write and edit website, email and social media content that will engage NYSUT's core audience of members
- Manage content on NYSUT's core website properties on a variety of CMS platforms
- Optimize digital campaigns using data analytics, SEO and other tools
- Working with other digital team members, develop complete, multi-channel digital campaigns
- Assist in producing live and recorded digital events, such as live streams and webinars
- Serve as a core member of NYSUT's digital content strategy team
- Collaborate as appropriate and as directed to achieve: IT coordination, website development and content, development and delivery of email communications, and livestreaming.
- Assist in copywriting and editing and digital optimization of other media
- Potential long or irregular hours, weekend hours, and travel.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- 5+ years digital marketing experience
- Proven experience with developing and overseeing multi-channel digital communications campaigns
- Proficient in email design best practices, mass email programs and data management procedures
- Experience with website UX/UI best practices
- Working knowledge of CMS platforms: Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal or similar platforms
- Good knowledge of SEO, SEM and web analytics best practices and platforms
- Familiarity with brand design and best practices
- Understanding of social media best practices on most major platforms
- Writing and editing skills
- Experience with web editorial standards and design a plus
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits, including comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans, life and long-term disability plans, and retirement plans
- Generous PTO plan
- Work-life balance
- Collaborative and supportive work environment with a diverse group of experienced professionals
- Working within our highly respected organization provides the opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of working people and provides the ability to be a proud part of the labor movement at the local, state, and national levels
NYSUT- Who are we?
NYSUT is a statewide labor organization affiliated with more than 1,200 local unions, each representing its own members. NYSUT is affiliated with two national unions, the American Federation of Teachers (AFT) and the National Education Association (NEA). NYSUT represents more than 600,000 people who work in, or are retired from, New York's schools, colleges, and healthcare facilities, including teachers, teacher aides and assistants, college and university faculty and professional staff, school bus drivers, custodians, secretaries, cafeteria workers, nurses, and other healthcare professionals.