Website Designer and Developer
Posted: Sep 9, 2020
We are seeking a Designer/Developer with intermediate to advanced skills for designing and developing various business and eCommerce websites. The majority of these sites will be in English. Development cycles are 90 days or less; support may be ongoing.
Additional tasks to ensure efficient productivity will be a daily report at the end of the workday that should outline your daily accomplishments. The team will have daily meetings either as a full company or with the director overseeing you.
- Set-up websites and be able to migrate them to various hosting solutions upon completion.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final.
- Conceptualize original website design ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex roadblocks.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps to communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Present and defend designs and key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards.
- Comfortable working remotely with management.
- Has a strong understanding of the English language (both spelling and grammatically or has access to tools to facilitate doing so) and can communicate effectively.
- Oxygen Builder (or be willing to learn and master the tool)
- Proven work experience as a web designer
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design and wireframing tools
- Excellent graphic design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies, and image/SVG compression
- Motivated and quick to learn new tasks and get up to speed with limited instruction.
- Be focused, driven, and able to work independently or collaboratively.
- Be able to jump between multiple tasks and communicate regularly on project status and isolate bottlenecks.
- Use problem-solving and attention to detail skills to establish new solutions and processes to improve team efficiency.
- You must handle criticism and directions without taking it personally; we are a business, not an ego babysitting service.
- Social Media
- An understanding of CDN's (Content Delivery Networks)
- Support ticketing systems (you will be required to answer support tickets as needed)
- A reasonable knowledge of cPanel and Server functionality
- Shopify/Magento experience
- Create visual content for sales promotions and email blasts
- Communicate with Sales and Customer Service teams on areas of improvement to improve the customer experience
- eCommerce Website development: Minimum 2 years (Required)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, especially Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator exp.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must be comfortable working with adult-oriented products in some cases.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract,
Hours: Monday to Friday (PST)
Remote work available: This position is open to international candidates (English language skills required)
To apply please use our contact form and paste your cover letter/introduction and resume into the supplied comment area. Be sure to include a link to your online portfolio and your hourly/salary expectations.